Tough Coat is designed to repair and enhance damaged mechanical insulation, both fibreglass and duct board found in:
- Air handlers
- Roof top units
- AVA boxes
- Duct work
Tough Coat Butter is designed to coat exposed fibre glass edges when areas have been cut for access.
- Tough Coat gives you the option to repair damaged mechanical insulation instead of replacement in certain circumstances, resulting in significant savings;
- Tough Coat has proven effective in resisting regrowth of microbial contamination.
Tough Coat mechanical insulation repair coating was developed by a major mechanical insulation manufacturer specifically for mechanical insulation. It is a derivative of the same tough acrylic polymer this insulation manufacturer applies to the air stream surface of its duct liner and duct board. No other coating product offers you this kind of product development and heritage.
Tough Coat has undergone the following tests by an independent certified lab to demonstrate the resistance to microbial growth:
- UL 181 – Mould growth and humidity test
- ASTM C 1071 – Fungi Resistance Test
- ASTM G 21 – Determining Resistance of Synthetic Polymer Materials to Fungi
- ASTM G 22 – Determining Resistance of Synthetic Polymeric Materials to Bacteria
For any coating to be affective over time, the surface must be kept clean of dirt and debris.
Tough Coat and Tough Coat Butter are ideal for anyone who is responsible for the repair and maintenance of mechanical hygiene in commercial, industrial and medical facilities. This includes:
- Ventilation cleaning contractors
- Building owners/maintenance staff
- HVAC Contractors
- Property Managers
Also, for those who specify these types of coatings, including:
- Environmental Consultants
- Mechanical Engineers
- Industrial Hygienists
- Other IAQ Professionals
- Black or White
- 9 and 22.5 litre containers
- Tough Coat Butter: 6 x 12 oz aerosol cans per case