Air Conditioning systems contain coils for heating and cooling. These coils require ongoing regular cleaning to ensure efficiency of the system and a healthy environment.
Reasons for incorporating a coil cleaning schedule in your organisation include:
- Air moving over the coils contains dust, dirt, pollen, moisture and other contaminants, causing the coils to get dirty and become less efficient. Equipment operating with dirty coils can use up to 37% more energy than those with clean coils. Additionally, a dirty system’s cooling capacity can be reduced by as much as 30%.
- In addition, the evaporator coil and its condensate pan can become fouled with pollen, mold spores and other biocontaminants that can have adverse effects on indoor air quality.
- If not maintained, the moisture around the evaporator coil can become a breeding ground for bacteria and mould.
- Dirty coils increase operating pressure and temperatures that breakdown the compressor’s lubricant and can result in equipment failure. A failed compressor means no cooling and costly repair.
Affective coil cleaning requires a combination of methods, including:
- Bulk debris removal
- Wet Washing with a coil cleaning product
- Special Ultrasonic Bathing or Chemical Bath to soften embedded contamination may be necessary in some cases
- High Pressure Rinsing
- Fin Combing to straighten fins
Call AM Coil today to arrange an inspection and tailor a coil cleaning schedule to meet your needs.